Working and studying in India

Please note that it is not legally possible for non-Indian English Language teachers to apply for employment visas in India, so if you are not an Indian citizen and do not hold an Overseas Citizen of India Card [OCI card], we cannot find you work in India as this is not legally possible. 

However, we will help you to find jobs outside India. If you are an Indian passport holder or a holder of an Indian government OCI card applying from outside India, you do not need to apply for a visa but you will be charged the same fees and offered the same conditions as non-Indian passport holders applying from outside India. Unless you are an Indian citizen or the holder of an OCI card you’ll need a 12-month student visa in order to take the Cert TESOL course along with the Certificate in Teaching Experience in India.

Once you have been accepted both the Certificates we will provide you with the necessary paperwork and assist you with the process of applying for the student visa. With this student visa you cannot work, but you can develop your skills in India through our Certificate in Teaching Experience with stipend.

Certificate in Teaching Experience with stipend

Once you have successfully completed the Trinity Certificate Course with us, you can continue your studies with the Certificate in Teaching Experience. In other words you are still a student but, at this stage, you are developing yourself professionally. 

If you wish to stay on with us you will have your accommodation paid for you by us and we will provide you with a living allowance of about Rupees 10,000 a month. Depending on exchange rates this is about 100 Pounds or 150 Dollars or 135 Euros.

This will be enough for you to cover food expenses if you cook for yourself. On our Teaching Experience course, you will be given mentoring and will work to develop the skills you need to deliver not only general English classes but English for international Examinations so that you can develop the special skills required to teach a variety of levels and adult professionals preparing for them.

This will ensure that you are not only trained but also experienced when you leave us to look for a job. This is your chance to consolidate your skills in a supportive environment, build up an impressive CV for your first job application and have the experience of teaching Indian students while working with Indian professionals as your colleagues.

We will provide you with a Certificate of Experience when you leave. In order to be considered for this programme, you would need to have completed the Trinity Cert. TESOL course in our centre in Kerala, be a native English speaker and a non-Indian citizen.

The Certificate in Teaching Experience is for 10½ months after the Certificate in TESOL and people taking this programme are expected to stay for a minimum of six months. If you get a job after 6 months, you can ask to leave early.