Visa Service in Malaga

Our visa service in Malaga is provided from within the school by our Career Manager, Esme. Esme works with our non-EU trainees before the course to make sure that they get a fast and reliable service, while also keeping costs as low as possible.

Do I need a visa?

Unless you have an EU Passport, you’ll only be allowed to stay in the Schengen Zone on a tourist visa for 90 days. The Schengen Zone includes Spain and most other EU countries. If you plan to stay longer, you need to apply for a different visa.

What are the most viable options?

You have two options:

  • Short-term student visa (4 to 6 months)

The short term student visa does not allow you to do paid work.

  • Long-term student visa (minimum 7 months)

With the long-term student visa, you are eligible to legally work for up to 20 hours per week, which is almost a full-time job (24 hours teaching is generally considered full time). In order to apply for a student visa, you need to be enrolled in a course of min 20 hours a week.

What do I need to provide for my student visa?

Generally speaking, the Spanish consulate requires the following:

  • Visa application form
  • passport-type photos
  • valid passport and ID card
  • letter of acceptance from the school
  • full payment of your courses
  • evidence of sufficient funds for the length of your stay
  • proof of international health insurance
  • payment of visa application fee
  • a medical certificate and criminal background check (for long-term student visas only)

Can I travel in Europe before or after my student visa?

You may be allowed to travel before your course starts if you ask the consulate at the time of your visa application, but this can usually only be for a few days. However, once your student visa expires it will automatically switch to a 90-day tourist visa to allow you to travel around the Schengen zone.

How can we help you?

We provide a comprehensive Spanish visa support service for an affordable one off fee which includes:

Before you arrive:

  • Guidance to apply for a student visa
  • We supply the enrollment letter required for the visa appointment
  • Fast replies and unlimited support through email or Skype/phone chats
  • Recommendations of health insurance for U.S applicants

Once in Spain:

  • Access to our Careers Service to help you find work.
  • Assistance applying for the NIE card (foreigner’s ID number) and social security number

TEFL & Intensive Spanish Course:

4-week Trinity CertTESOL course followed by our intensive Spanish course for 6 months.

Along with our Partner Spanish school we have a designed the intensive Spanish course to meet the needs of non-EU applicants. This will allow you to gain an accredited teaching qualification and then immerser yourself in the Spanish language. The course is for 7 months (1-month TEFL + 6 months Spanish) and meets the requirements for you to be eligible for work authorisation.

Course Objectives

Along with our Partner Spanish school we have a designed the intensive Spanish course to meet the needs of non-EU applicants. This will allow you to gain an accredited teaching qualification and then immerser yourself in the Spanish language.

Course Logistics

Students attend group Spanish classes for 4 hours a day from Monday – Friday for 20 hours a week after completing their Trinity CertTESOL course.

Course Components

  • Placement test online or 1stcourse day
  • Courses are from 19:00 – 14:00, Monday – Friday
  • 3-10 students per group
  • Also included is a cultural event each month (cultural trip, Spanish cookery class, and a Salsa or Flamenco class).

Intensive Spanish Course Timetable

Monday to Friday from 10.00 to 14.00. In summer, we establish different timetables, depending on the number of students.

Course fee

– The 1-month TEFL course costs €1399 (early bird fee if paid 3 months in advance) or €1549 (standard fee).

– The 6-month intensive Spanish course for 20 hours a week (24 weeks) costs €2850 + €40 enrolment fee. The classes run from Monday to Friday from 10.00 to 14.00.

Total course fee: €4289 – €4439

*If your visa is rejected for any reason, as long as proof of rejection is sent to us, the Intensive Spanish course fee will be refunded, deducting €120 for administrative expenses. You will not receive a refund for the TEFL course as this can be completed on a travel visa.

Accommodation Fee:

Please note that the embassy usually requires proof of lodging for the period of your stay. Accommodation can be offered (a single room in a shared apartment) for €380 per month.

Health Insurance:

Please note that the embassy usually requires that you have Medical Insurance confirmed before you travel. We will be able to put you in contact with our agent from Sanitas which offer a medical insurance for foreign students that covers all your needs during your stay in Spain. They have designed a comprehensive healthcare insurance that meets all the visa requirements necessary for entry into Spain.

If you are thinking about coming to Malaga to take our Trinity CertTESOL course or one of our teacher development courses, get in touch to find out more about how we can help you obtain your visa or apply for a course.