Visa Service in Kerala

Our visa service in Kerala is provided by Helen, the course director. Helen is always in the school and will be able to advise you on which option is best for your circumstances. Each year, Helen helps many people from all over the world take the Trinity CertTESOL course in our centre in Kerala. She has been involved in developing the centre in India since 2013 and knows how complicated obtaining visas for India can sometimes be. If you have any questions, before, during or after the course regarding your visa, she will be able to help you. As well as that, Helen is also the careers adviser in Kerala so she can help our trainees with any visa and work related issues, which are quite often connected.

Do I need a visa?

All applicants who do not have Indian passports or Overseas Citizens of India cards are required to obtain visas from their nearest Indian consulates.

Can I travel in India before or after taking the course?

That depends on the duration of your visa, but people on student visas are allowed to take holidays while studying in India.

What are the most viable options?

There are considerable variations in the approaches of the various Consulates around the world. The approach of consulates even varies within countries. Some consulates within the same country will issue student visas and some will not.

There are a variety of visas.


These are issued for 60 days and can be applied for on line by people from many countries. The list of countries should be checked before applying as it changes frequently. If you are coming to take the Cert TESOL, you can apply under the technical meeting category on this website.
After completing the application form, you can travel to India and pick up your visa at the airport. It is then valid for 60 days. This visa is suitable for people taking the 5-week Certificate ein TESOL and the 3 week diploma Face to Face.

Student Visas

These must be obtained for those who wish to come for the Trinity Cert TESOL followed by the Certificate in Teaching Experience.. We have been successful in obtaining this type of visa for many nationalities including for citizens of the USA, the UK, and European Union passport holders. These are for one year and the holders are allowed to travel during vacation time. We will provide you with the documents required for this process.

What do I need to provide for my student visa?

We supply all the documents generally required in order to obtain the Student Visa:

  • Acceptance letter
  • Statement of expenses
  • Local Authority Registration Certificate
  • Course fee receipt

Can I work in India after my course?

You can take the Certificate in Teaching Experience and gain valuable skills but no employment visas are available for English teachers who do not hold Indian passports or OCI cards. You may be able to get a volunteer visa to teach English with an NGO. We are able to offer our graduates of the Trinity CertTESOL a paid opportunity to develop teaching skills in our centre. More information.

Please note:

No courses can be undertaken in Kerala without an appropriate visa, as outlined above. You cannot come to India to take courses on a tourist visa and you cannot convert a tourist visa to a student visa whilst in India. As your student visa is sponsored by the centre in Kerala, you are required to follow your course of study there although you are allowed to travel during approved vacations with the permission of the centre’s management.

If you are thinking about coming to Kerala to take our Trinity CertTESOL course or one of our teacher development courses, get in touch to find out more about how we can help you obtain your visa or apply for a course.